- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified Stress Management Consultant
- Certified Amrit Yoga Nidra Instructor
After graduating in 1992 from one of the country’s most highly regarded massage schools, The Florida School of Massage in Gainesville FL, I moved to Vail Colorado. There I was employed at the Spa in the Hyatt Regency Beaver Creek. I gained wonderful experience working with some of the best therapists in the Vail Valley and giving massages to people from all over the world. In 1993 I moved back to my beloved Ormond Beach and established my Private Practice in Massage Therapy.
Since then I have trained in:
- Neuromuscular Trigger Point Therapy
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Lymph Drainage Therapy
- Healing Touch Energy Therapy
- Bowen Technique
- Visceral Manipulation
- Auricular Therapy
- ETPS (Electronic Trigger Point Stimulation)
- Swe-Thai Massage
- Medical Massage
When you book an appointment with me we will discuss what is going on with your body and I will design a massage customized to address your particular needs.
The Florida School of Massage teaches that there is no separation of the body and the mind. They are interrelated and both influence each other. Believing that to be true I have trained in various fields which focus on the body/mind connection in order to better serve my clients. I incorporate gentle yoga stretches, breath work, and easy to learn stress management techniques into my practice when my client and I agree that they can benefit from these modalities.
My training in the Body/Mind Field includes:
- Certified Stress Management Consultant with the International Association of Councelors and Therapists
- Certified Yoga Instructor, Ananda Expanding Light Center, CA
- Certified Amrit Yoga Nidra Instructor, Amrit Yoga Institute, FL
- Certified Yoga Instructor for Cancer and Cardiac Care, Kripalu MA
- Trained with Nischala Joy Devi, developer of the Stress Management programs for Dr. Dean Ornish and The Commonweal Cancer Institute
- Trained in the techniques of John Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Management (MBSR) at The Briar Rose Center.
My office hours are by appointment.
Cash or checks only, accepted for payment.
Cancellation Policy: If you book an appointment and cannot keep it I ask that you give me a 24 hour cancellation notice, or either have someone else replace the time reserved for you, or please pay for the session missed.
With 22 years of experience and a wide range of experience in the Body/Mind Field I truly believe I can assist you in attaining a greater sense of well being whatever your circumstances. Please call or text me for a consultation to determine what of these techniques may best serve your needs. I look forward to meeting you!